Buzz Cut:
The first adventure today was cutting Hank's hair. It was a difficult decision as I did love his baby locks, but I think he needed it.


Isn't he cute? I think his long hair was charming and baby darling. But it was getting a little out of hand...so we did what needed to be done.
Here we go. At first I was crying and changing my mind, but it was too late. On the other hand, he didn't mind it at all, he didn't make one peep. He was as good as gold.
In fact, I think he got a little bored with the whole thing.
The end product was well worth it though.


I think he likes it. He kept patting his head...and apparently drooling all over himself.
Here we go. At first I was crying and changing my mind, but it was too late. On the other hand, he didn't mind it at all, he didn't make one peep. He was as good as gold.
In fact, I think he got a little bored with the whole thing.The end product was well worth it though.


I think he likes it. He kept patting his head...and apparently drooling all over himself.Happy Anniversary:
It is our anniversary today. Don't go get your calendars...it isn't our wedding anniversary. Today is the day we got engaged. So we have now been engaged for 2 years and married for almost 8. I know, the math is confusing. It's leap day. We got engaged on leap day. Funny, right? It's a little known fact about us. This year we decided that to celebrate our 2nd engagement anniversary, we were going to get some professional pictures done. We just don't commemorate our love in pictures often enough. So we had a photo shoot and it turned out very well. It ended up that our portraits told the story of our lives together beautifully. It meant so much to us that we really wanted to share our history with all five of you. It is going to be a wonderful, special journey. These artistic gems are just 2 cute 2 be 4 gotten because we are going 2 be 2 gether 4 ever! Enjoy.

Just like our first picture, our romance began with innocence and giddiness. We were just so happy, so in love. Oblivious to anything else in the world. Flirting and having fun was all that mattered. I think that is masterfully captured in this esquisite photo.

The honeymoon phase. When love is confident and strong. Everything about him delighted me and I him. We laughed at our challenges. We smirked at trials. This was life, this was love, and we were in it to win it, baby.

Oh how I long for those honeymoon days to return. All to quickly reality set in. Matt (bless his heart) has gas. There is no easy way to say it. He smells. Often. I know he can't help it, but it is still just such a let down. I love him though. Dadgummit, I love him.

And there you have it. 2 years engaged and 8 married. Where has the time gone.?! Mostly now Matt just looks tough and I look annoyed. But we make it work and you know what? I wouldn't trade one minute of it. Not one single smelly minute.
It is our anniversary today. Don't go get your calendars...it isn't our wedding anniversary. Today is the day we got engaged. So we have now been engaged for 2 years and married for almost 8. I know, the math is confusing. It's leap day. We got engaged on leap day. Funny, right? It's a little known fact about us. This year we decided that to celebrate our 2nd engagement anniversary, we were going to get some professional pictures done. We just don't commemorate our love in pictures often enough. So we had a photo shoot and it turned out very well. It ended up that our portraits told the story of our lives together beautifully. It meant so much to us that we really wanted to share our history with all five of you. It is going to be a wonderful, special journey. These artistic gems are just 2 cute 2 be 4 gotten because we are going 2 be 2 gether 4 ever! Enjoy.

Just like our first picture, our romance began with innocence and giddiness. We were just so happy, so in love. Oblivious to anything else in the world. Flirting and having fun was all that mattered. I think that is masterfully captured in this esquisite photo.

The honeymoon phase. When love is confident and strong. Everything about him delighted me and I him. We laughed at our challenges. We smirked at trials. This was life, this was love, and we were in it to win it, baby.

Oh how I long for those honeymoon days to return. All to quickly reality set in. Matt (bless his heart) has gas. There is no easy way to say it. He smells. Often. I know he can't help it, but it is still just such a let down. I love him though. Dadgummit, I love him.

And there you have it. 2 years engaged and 8 married. Where has the time gone.?! Mostly now Matt just looks tough and I look annoyed. But we make it work and you know what? I wouldn't trade one minute of it. Not one single smelly minute.
7 comments:
Aww...I love Hank's new hair!!! So cute!! And I love love the pics of you and Matt...Happy 2 year anniversary! :)
You are so hilarious!! I swear I laugh more when we're with you guys than I have ever in my life (that's right, I'm not a very happy person)! Typical of you guys to take advantage of Feb 29th... I always thought it would be a cool birthday.
Hank looks SO HANDSOME!!! He looks older to me; my boys always do after I cut their hair too. Don't know what that's all about. Anyway, I LOVE his new look... it suits him!!!
Awesome haircut Hank!!! He looks great. It is so much easier to keep their hair short. Not as much to fix. Happy Anniversary!
First of all Carol!!! I am so happy I found you... through Jenn's blog! I think about you every time I go home and think, I need to find Carol, but I'm a lazy slacker, what can I say. You are still as funny as ever. I was LOLed when I read your blog. Your kids are so stinkin cute!!! I'm coming home this summer and hope to see you!
P.S. I totally remember when you got engaged to Matt. Good times, good times!
Sidney (Decker)
CAROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so thrilled that you found me. I was sitting at my computer and a message popped up saying I had an email from "The Blatters" I couldn't believe it! You have the most beautiful little family and you look amazing! What are you up to? It has been a long time since I have been to Idaho Falls..I may be heading up there next weekend though!
All I can say is that I LOVE Matt's mello yello hat! That pretty much sums up your relationship to me. Love Hank's haircut. Maren got her first cut last week so I know just how you feel.
I'm a lurcker...your blog always makes me laugh!! You have such a way with words!!
Post a Comment