What IS worth blogging about is Slinkies. Our friends the Reeses (I know... the best last name ever) brought Lindy and Hank Easter baskets the other day (FYI: we now expect all of our friends to bring us Easter baskets :)). Hank's basket had a slinky shaped like a blue bunny that both kids went gaga for. Today at Target we found the blue slinky's long lost pal, a pink bunny shaped slinky. Of course Lindy had to have her "very own pink one because I like pink and Hank likes blue and I don't have a pink one." If only all of the world's problems could be solved so easily, right? Here are some pictures from the insane slinky party that went down when we got home.

As with all good parties there has to be a crasher. This is someone who either comes uninvited or is invited but does something most uncouth. At our outrageous slinky bash the crasher was in the form of the Lindy bandit...taking the treasured blue bunny slinky belonging to Hankster.

Don't worry. She gave it back and they made up. They are very forgiving kids as long as they get their way in the end.
On a side note, do you think I got a little carried away with the arrows and writing on the pictures? What can I say...I have an addictive personality; Mt. Dew, Minty Three Muskateers, and now Arrows on pictures. Anyway let's just sum this up by saying that Lindy and Hank are addicted to the fun slinkies and Get off my back about the arrows! I can quit anytime I want. SHEESH!

I put this picture in because 1. I think it is really cute. 2. I thought I would show you all that my kids are really sweet to each other and love each other very much. It is all a matter of making sure they eat a nutritious breakfast. This keeps them on an even keel all day so their sparkling personalities shine through. 3. I thought it might make all you mothers out there feel better about yourselves because if this crazy lady (me) thinks POPTARTS are a nutritious breakfast then you may just nominate yourselves for mother of the year. As you should. In fact, I may nominate you myself.
And speaking of moms, I have become my mom. Today. You may as well call me Linda from now on. It's that serious. Usually when people tell me I remind them of my mom I positively beam. It is a high compliment to me. But not on this front. Not today. For today I purchased *sigh* PEDS. I remember in high school my mom wore peds with a lot of her S.A.S. shoes which were definitely designed for comfort. And by designed for comfort I mean they are ugly. I'm sorry, they are. If you are a big S.A.S. fan then please forgive me. I think they are wretched. Anyway...I'm getting off topic. The peds. I would get blisters from wearing my shoes without socks and my mom (bless her pointed head) would ALWAYS try to get me to wear these tiny little nylon half-socks that just disgusted me. I have held contempt for them ever since. Until today. I got some really cute shoes yesterday and wore them today. They started to rub. They fit like a glove. Too tight for socks. What was I supposed to do? Then like a silky quasi-bootie light bulb the idea hit me. And I did it. I bought the peds. Here they are.

But worth it for these shoes, am I right ladies?
I walked around the rest of the day in sheer comfort. And everytime I thought about how gushy my tootsies felt I laughed a little. I don't know whether I was laughing at that silly high school girl that thought she was too cool for comfort or laughing because it really is funny that my mom was right all along...but I laughed and that's what counts. Next thing you know I might be trying on some of those S.A.S shoes. Ooops, sorry, I just threw up a little in my mouth.
Well it's getting late. If I am going to get to play with the slinkies without bawling babies saying I stole theirs I better go get it done!
I walked around the rest of the day in sheer comfort. And everytime I thought about how gushy my tootsies felt I laughed a little. I don't know whether I was laughing at that silly high school girl that thought she was too cool for comfort or laughing because it really is funny that my mom was right all along...but I laughed and that's what counts. Next thing you know I might be trying on some of those S.A.S shoes. Ooops, sorry, I just threw up a little in my mouth.Well it's getting late. If I am going to get to play with the slinkies without bawling babies saying I stole theirs I better go get it done!
11 comments:
So..I think I need to get slinky's for the boys! I haven't played with one in years, but looking at your pictures I remember how much fun they were.
Oh, and the shoes..so totally worth it! 8)
Those shoes are so cute. It is amazing how right our moms were all along.
I'm loving those shoes!!! SO CUTE! And I've never heard of these peds, but I'm thinking I might have to try them out too! Looks like everyone (including mom and dad) are having a little too much fun with the slinkies?!?
Linda!!! I'm LOLing right now! You are too funny...as always! I for some odd reason remember your mom wearing those little socks. How are your parents? I always loved your family! Your commentary just made me smile from ear-to-ear! You should write a book Carol. Really! I'll by 10! I like the new background too. P.S. Love the shoes too. I am also a shoe fanatic! Must admit, I bogo a lot at Payless.
p.s.s. I also remember when you got kicked out of the house too! Was it in the snow... I think?
Love the shoes!! I got some kinda like them but alas, have not found the right outfit to wear them with. I think it's the pants!
I have never heard of peds being called peds, though I don't know what I thought they were called instead! I actually may buy a pair for these darling shoes of mine.
So funny, as usual! Love ya girlie!!
I really think the peds make the outfit! I am glad I always ran around with the neat fleet and not the nerd herd! Love ya'll Linda P.S. I'll be happy to help you with your outfits anytime. Feel free to ask for advice
I almost peed my pants reading this blog, and I really did laugh out loud-- more of a snort really. I remember the SAS shoes, and hate to admit that many of my shoes are looking more like them. Actually, I'm kind of a sneakers kind of middle-aged woman if that doesn't sound depressing enough. I'm going to go read your blog again!
I forgot to say a few things-- I think of pop tarts as an organic food. Also, I love the labels on the pix- teach me how to do it.
What a cute blog. I'm still laughing! Glad to know all is well in Milo! And yes, those shoes were definitely worth it.
Carol, I always read your blog to get a good laugh. Tonight was great, finishing up my day with some good blatter humor, I also had BONKO tonight...and won. Adam prays for me to win.. kidding. But I do love your shoes. You're always so HIP! Hope all is well. We put our house up for sale. So we can move back to Ammon. LOVE IT! Keep blogging, you're hilarious. I feel like an idiot laughing out loud, and no one around to enjoy it with.
Carol, this is Melinda who used to be in your ward... anyway, your blog is hilarious! I had to laugh about your peds. I remember when my mom used to wear CAPRIS. This was before they were in style, and it was so embarrassing. ;)
Post a Comment