
Tagged??!! I never thought it would happen to us! We read blogs where people get tagged...but I always thought it was just for the popular kids. WOW. That's all I have to say. WOW. I think Hank's face in this picture sums up how shocked we are to be caught! He had just been caught sneaking a chocolate...but this is just as big. So Amy, Ryan and family, thank you. I feel so included! If you are reading this and you haven't been tagged...you are now tagged! Consider yourself IN! So let's get right to this!
1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
Matt was trudging around the Ukraine spreading the glad Gospel message. He says, "In the years since I have been home I have really missed the Ukrainian Snickers, or raw hairy pig fat with mustard. I really want to go back when I get a jonesin' for one of those."
Carol was down for the count with Mono during my senior year of high school. It ended with a whirlwind tonsillectomy and two months on homebound. The best part? It was one of my very few 4.0 semesters. What? I didn't go for 2/5 of the semester and I got straight A's. I guess I'm crazy smart like that (ha ha).
2. 5 things to do today (more like Monday since this is Sunday night).
1. Mounds and mounds of laundry.
2. Wipe my kids' noses (they have RAGING colds).
3. Drink lots of Diet Mt. Dew.
4. Play pretend with Lindy where I will no doubt be cast as the evil stepmom, ornery dog or cat owner who is mean to darling puppy or kitty Lindy, or a pony who loves to give long pony rides all through the house.
5. Nap? hahaha.
3. Snacks I enjoy.
Exactly. That should read: Snacks, I enjoy. Like I enjoy them. I do. All of them. If it is a snack, I enjoy it. Have I explained that well enough? I LIKE TO SNACK! ALL DAY LONG!
4. What would I do if I was a Millionaire.
I would have my own version of The Apprentice. Why not, right? Move over DONALD. And the winner of this Apprentice wouldn't get some cushy high-rise job. Oh no. They would put in our yard and finish our basement. When they were done with that (and bringing me fruity drinks with umbrellas in them) I would fire them. Yeah, that's the ticket. Oh and I would also give some money to Jared (I was just talking to Amy and he said he would want some). Why not, right? Actually...Hey Jared, want to be my apprentice?
5. 3 bad habits.
1. Carol: See question # 3.
2. Matt: Tooting (yeah...and he's proud of it too. he is totally laughing right now. Proudly).
3. The kids: picking their noses. It's a relatively new thing for Hank, but Lindy is a pro.
6. 5 places we have lived.
1. Idaho Falls, Id.
2. Salem, Or. *just matt*
3. Rexburg, Id.
4. Pocatello, Id.
5. (and possibly most exciting) RIGBY, IDAHO!
7. 5 jobs we have had.
1. Matt: Roth's Grocery, Center Partners, Home Depot, Sabia, Michael Baker.
2. Carol: The D.I., Melaleuca, Ameritel, Melaleuca, Qwest.
3. Kids: finding trouble, being darling, high stakes negotiating.
8. Things people don't know about us.
Matt: He is a great cook, especially tasty breakfasts and caramel apple cake. mmmm.
Carol: I really like Dan Zanes. I know he sings kids songs...but I secretly cheer when he comes on the radio (which on Sirius Kids' Stuff is at least every other song).
Lindy: She doesn't like macaroni and cheese. At all. She detests it. She does however like lentils.
Hank: When he was a baby his poop smelled like popcorn. It has really jaded the movie theater experience for the rest of us.
Made it! The end of the tag. ahh. Now that is done. We had a pretty great week this last week. Auntie Debra and my cousin Jill came for the weekend and it was so fun. We visited until late into the night. It was great to be together and I can't wait until we do it again. A good dose of family goes a long way! Jill's stories and tales of her adventures could keep me in stitches for weeks. She truly has the gift of storytelling. It was grand (yes I just said grand. I am watching Pride and Prejudice and I can't help but speak/type like they talk). The next time we gather together we must ensure that more of our beloved family members can accompany our most festive party (see what I mean? Is Jane Austen writing this or is it me? I don't know...I am most overcome with confusion and must take to my bed to rid myself of this befuddlement).
5 comments:
I love this!! LSHICB!! I'm glad to hear you had a great weekend...I'm off to get a snack. :)
jenn- did you really commentat 4:21 am? Did you stay up to watch the entire Pride and Prejudice or what? Your post was mirthfully entertaining and full of rampant references highly enlightening tidbits of information. Thanks!
Amy - no, i really didn't comment at 4:21 am, but at 6:21 am my time. :) It kind of felt like 4:21 though!
Carolita, you crack me up!! Hehe! Loved meeting Jill; I love her already! I LOVE Pride & Prejudice... I think I may be jealous of you... again!!!
just so long as i dont get fired right off the bat!
-jared
Post a Comment