Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Dog Days of ... er ... Winter?

Ahh, the sun. It is something that we haven't seen a lot of these last few weeks. Diesel has a straw house in the backyard with this blanket in it. On Wednesday, when the sun was shining, Diesel dragged his blanket out of his house and into the sun to bathe in it. Now, it was indeed a heat wave at 30-35 degrees. It even melted a little snow. But I am not sure it was warm enough to sunbathe. I think Diesel was laying out there to send Spring a message. It is the same message that I would like to send Spring. So Spring, if you are out there Diesel and I are uniting our voices and saying, "Dear Spring, we are done being frozen. Winter had a great run this year and now we are ready for you to come and take over the reigns. Anytime really, we're ready. Sincerely, Diesel and Carol." February is such a tricky month because the rest of the climates in the world are seeing Daffodil sprouts and other lovely blossoms and we are laying out our blankets and sunbathing in the low thirties, because let's face it...that's all we've got going for at least another month... or two. Oh blurg, I hope Spring gets my message!
Since I am not about to join Diesel in his sunbathing ways, Matt and I decided on an indoor project this week. Well, to be honest this project has been in the works for six months. During the summer we sanded down my old desk. Years ago when I first got it my dear Grandpa spent weeks painting it white and whiter and whitest. I think he put 5 coats of paint on it, he was very attentive to details and every square inch was perfect. But as with everything in life it was time for a change. This week we finally got around to finishing it and moving it in the house. It's true that company is a great motivator and we had some good friends coming so it was time to get our heinies (um yeah, I looked it up in the dictionary, that's how you spell heinie according to Mr. Merriam-Webster) in gear and get it done. Here are some pictures of it done. Like a ninny, I didn't take any before pictures. We are going to make the inside back and sides a magnet board...so stay tuned for pictures of that, or not as I probably won't take any pictures of it.



















Do you love our shim? It is a Dora book. Someday soon we will even that up... or just not take anymore pictures and none of the three people that read this will ever know that we didn't even it up! mwahhahha (read that evilly please)!!!
We ended this week with tons of fun!! We were surrounded by our great friends. Food, folks and fun! It would have been fine with me if it lasted for a month, but I guess it's good to want, right? It was a whirlwind of a weekend, but it was like Disneyland for me. Sure you go to bed exausted, but it was SO fantastic that you would GLADLY get up and have that day all over again. That about sums up how I feel about that.
Have a super fun week and if you see Spring.....please direct her to this blog!

5 comments:

jenn said...

I LOVE your desk! The color is amazing!! My mom is coming down next week and we are painting my desk, I might have to copy you. :) As for winter, I'm sorry. Sounds pretty dreary. :( Why don't you come visit me, and I'll get you some springy (is that a word?!?) weather...it is suppose to be 70 today. :)

leslie mae said...

Love the desk! I'll have to come check it out now that you put the doors on! Looks awesome!

Sorry to be canceling out your vote for spring! I'm just now quite ready. Give me another month! Trav did inform me on Sunday that he's oddly ready for Summer. So maybe you Sun Lovers will out vote me afterall!!

Kim said...

I guess I am one of the 3 people who read your blog. I love the desk. It is beautiful.

snakeriverwalton said...

I can't believe that's the same desk! It looks great and the color is cool.
At least the color can remind you of spring for a couple of months.

Natalie said...

HEY!! I'm glad you stalked me :) I love blog stalking, actually. I've found a few people I'd lost contact with :)

You're kids are so adorable!