Sunday, February 3, 2008

Snow Day and Shopping Bonanza!

This was an eventful week at our house. We started this blog. We had our first real sleepover party. And last but not least we had a shopping bonanza!

First, we got to have Hatch and Piper over for a FUN-tastic sleepover! We watched movies, played games and even slid down the stairs in our sleeping bags. Everyone had a blast at that (except Matt, let's just say that might be a game best left to the kiddos :)). The next morning the kids went out and played in the snow. Matt dug out a huge drift for a snowcave that could fit all three kids. They had fun with that, but then it was time to up the ante. We hooked Diesel Dog up to the sled and let him pull the sled around. The poor dog was huffing and puffing. He tried his best, and he put in a heroic effort, but he is a bit too much puppy to pull off such a big dog job. Next year though, he will be pulling that sucker all over town!


Our second HUGE event this week was our awesome shopping delivery! The Children's Place was having a genormous sale. Kandice and I ordered together to share the shipping cost. Everything was such a good deal, but the shoes. Oh, the glorious shoes. They were 75-80% off. How can you beat that? You can't. You just can't. So for 4 dollars for a pair of shoes... we went a little nuts. When the package came the Fed-Ex truck sat in my driveway for about five minutes. I was so excited. I kept looking out the window wondering what was taking so long! My hands started to shake and I couldn't quit dancing, I was SO excited. Okay, I didn't shake, but I did dance. Finally the guy came struggling up the walk. The box was big, really big. He set it down on the step with a THUNK and rang the bell. I practically needed a handtruck to bring it in, and it was like Christmas opening it all up! Kandice and Andy were at the cabin, so I took the liberty of looking at all of her stuff as well as mine. I counted THIRTEEN pairs of shoes and one pair of slippers between the two of us. Our kids will be well shoed for years to come! Take a look at this loot!










Mine is on the left and Kandice's is on the right. Ahh, it gives me chills of joy just looking at it!

So there you have it. Our fun snow day and my compulsive shopping for future shoe sizes! Have a great week!

5 comments:

Virginia Davis said...

Hi Guys,

This is the third time tonight I have tried to comment on your blog. If it doesn't go through this time, I'll have to go to bed and try again another time.

Anyway with that -- It really warmed my heart to see such a well put together blog page. I'm sure I'm prejudice because these are my DARLING grandchildren and son and daughter-in-law and I have bragging rights.

Those were the cutest pictures of the children. The snow igloo looked like so much fun. I'm sure they were having a great time in the snow.

Wow ---- shoes, shoes, shoes, shoes! You must have your two years supply for the kiddies. I'm sure it was like Christmas all over again. Can't wait to see them.

Keep those blogs coming -- I loved it!

Love and Hugs,
Mom to Matt and Carol
Grandma to Lindy and Hank
????? to Diesel

jenn said...

AHH, I love snow. That looks like so much fun! And the shoes...oh my! It WAS Christmas all over again...what a bargain!

snakeriverwalton said...

I can't believe you didn't tell me about the sale! Is it still on?

snakeriverwalton said...

okay I just bought 8 pairs for the girls! yippee

snakeriverwalton said...

holy cow you guys have so much snow.we're getting allot but nothing like that snow cave! How do you guys shovel all that?!


-Jared . .
v