
The Bib Kid:
Hank has a rare obsession with bibs. Well, maybe it isn't rare, maybe all kids love bibs like he does. But it seems rare to me. I don't think Lindy ever played this game. He loves to go to the drawer where the bibs are kept and bring them to me one by one. When he gets to me he "uh- uh's" (which is Hank talk for "give me what I want please") until I put it on. Then seconds later he is back with another one. He will do this until every bib we own is around his neck. He is definitely developing his sense of humor as he gets more and more tickled with himself with each bib added. I love it, I think it is cute. He is obsessed with bibs as I am with shoes. It is good to know that he will get something from me...even if it is just a strange love of clothing articles. Today at church he kept tilting his head back full of goldfish crackers to show them to me and then laughing at himself. He really cracks himself up and I have to say he cracks me up as well. I just hope the people sitting behind us thought it was funny to see a one year old showing his mama his chewed up goldfish crackers. I am sure they did. How could they not? What is cuter or funnier than see-food?
Snowy Salvation:
So we have been fighting a losing battle against the snow the last couple of weeks. Matt has been taking the Yukon to work because we couldn't get the Subaru out of the garage, the snow was just too deep. We borrowed the snowblower from my dad's house and made a little headway...but with the monstrous wind we had last week, it was just like spitting in the wind. Here is a picture of Lindy up to her hips in snow. This is in the middle of the driveway, and it is a day after we had half cleared it. That nasty wind just blew it all back!
So amid all this crazy wind and snow, Matt and Tom went to the cabin to check on it. They got stranded when the roads were closed due to blowing and drifting snow. Yikes! They were stuck for a day and then followed a train of 100 cars whose occupants had spent the night at the church in Swan Valley (Matt and crew just holed up in the cabin and caught the end of the train). They all followed a plow that had a couple of gigantic snowblowers on it. The plow made a one way path for the cars to go through. They made it home safe and sound. What an adventure. But the best part is that while they were gone our neighbor James Wolfe rented a tractor to dig out his driveway once and for all. He let our next door neighbor Damian Lovell borrow it and he gets the prize of the day because he dug out our driveway too!!!!!! Yip Yip to Damian! So now we have a clear driveway. Sarge the Subaru is back in business and we don't have to put the Yukon in 4 wheel just to get to the road! Harrah! A truly great weekend indeed!
5 comments:
Hank is too funny!! The bibs is adorable, and I would have thought it was VERY cute if I was sitting behind you in church with the goldfish. TOO CUTE! And the snow. Holy moly that is a lot of snow! I'm glad Matt made it back to safety. Glad you had a great weekend! :)
Okay, I guess your snow is worse than ours. We've actually had a little melting and saw a little bit of grass. I love Hank's bibs too. That's hyterical.
I think that is the closest thing I have seen to a smile on Hanks face. I am surprised it didn't crack. Anywho, if Damian gets a chance to drive a tractor he will plow out the whole neighborhood.
Wow! There are moments like those that I'm so very glad we live in sunny California! It gets about 45 and I think I'm going to freeze to death. Anyway, Hank is a cutie -- you need to send more pictures, this Auntie is going through withdrawls. You send some of yours and I'll send some of mine? Deal?
What a cutie!! Love your blog design too... WAY CAROL-CUTE!! I may have to have you come over and do mine too!!
Post a Comment