Monday, April 28, 2008

Birthday Extravaganza!


Today is Lindy Lou's fourth birthday. Remember this tiny bundle? What happened!?! It seems like yesterday. Ahh. Don't get me wrong, I am happy for her, that she is growing up and getting independent. But I have also been fighting off tears of nostalgia all day. She was such a (gulp) good baby. She was such a (sigh) doll. And fun too (waa). You know (sniff), all of those things are still true. She is still so good. And so cute. And fun. Hang on....I better get some tissue before I finish this.

We had ourselves a blast today. She opened tons of gifts. We met Matt for lunch and she got a fried ice cream the size of her head! She got to pick her cake out at Walmart (please don't pass out...I didn't make her cake. I know. I am just waiting for the angry mob outside my door. BUT RELAX. We are going to have a friend party some day (why nail down a date on these things) and I WILL make her a cake for that. Or at least carefully remove all packaging from the Sara Lee number I'll pick up in the freezer aisle. Just kidding (no I'm not).


There are way too many things that I love about this child to name here. She is a fierce defender of what she thinks is right. And she is also so funny and full of hilarity that not a day goes by without much laughter. She is just one of those kids that can be a little out of control at times, yet she manages to be charming and darling at the same time.

Matt and I got her the Pretty Pretty Princess game. We fell in love with this game before we had kids. We babysat for my brother Tom's kids, Nate and Erin when Lindy was but a twinkle in my eye. The object of the game is to get all of your color of jewelry AND the princess crown. Those two little kids were so dang cute playing that game that I vowed then and there that if I ever had kids I would get them that game the MINUTE they were old enough to play it. She got it today. She smoked Matt and I to become the first ever Blatter Champion of Pretty Pretty Princess. Fitting.

8 comments:

jenn said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Lindy! {from Bill too :) } Love the pink cake and the Pretty Princess Game. What a fun day, and a CUTE 4 year old!

snakeriverwalton said...

I can't wait to play pretty Princess b/c i will dominate you all! Watch out Lindy! Hope your birthday was awesome. And Walmart cakes are 2nd only to Costco cakes, duh!Homemade is overrated.

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Lindy! Sounds like you had a blast.

leslie mae said...

That sounds like a game we must have at our house!! Much to Travis' chagrin, I'm sure the boys would get into it too! We didn't make Jack's cake either; DQ ice cream cake brought by Gramma. Happy Birthday Lindy Thelma!!!

Kandice Mortimer said...

Happy Birthday lovely Lindy Lou! We love you to itty bitty cracker bits.

Nield Fam said...

Carol-

HAPPY DAY TO LINDY! Your pics are so cute. SHe sure has gotten big. WE miss you guys. I think it was this time last year went to the cabin for Lindy's big day. FUN. Hope all is well. Call us we need to have a play day.

Shea said...

Sorry I'm late! Happy Birthday to your cute girl!!!!

Sidney said...

She is adorable! How do you make all of these cute little arrows and such on your pictures? P.S. Andy's son looks just like him and his daughter looks just like his wife. Too cute!