Amy is a gourmet chef. If you are ever lucky enough to go to a special occasion she is hosting you will go away with a very happy belly and probably a hand packed dish of leftovers too. Because Amy also lives to give...it runs in the family. She truly enjoys cooking and creating masterpieces in the kitchen. Amy takes the time to make every dish extraordinary. She has occasionally caught some flack for her attention to details. I have been known to question her garnishes...but I only mock because I can't garnish. That culinary flair that flows so easily from her is very foreign to me (as demonstrated in this picture of Hank eating a Barbie leg for dinner...and it should be noted that he is also wearing no pants, we're practically savages at our house. In fact we don't have a house, we live in a van...down by the river {name that SNL actor and win a pretend prize!}).

What?! Barbie legs are pretty nutritious I hear. Oh that's not true. I've never heard anything about the nutritional value of Barbie or any other doll legs. I'm just guessing that they're healthy...I mean they don't have any fat on them, so how bad could the be, right?
But back to Amy. In honor of her, I made a fine cuisine for dinner. Which around here is honestly a pretty rare occasion. Usually we are lucky if we get through an evening without someone biting their finger in a dither to get as much food into their mouth as fast as they can. Well, that's mostly me... I nearly lost my pointer in the pizza fiasco of '99, but that's a different story for another time. Tonight I made Turkey Pecan Enchiladas (recipe courtesy of the talented Jenn) AND I garnished. Yes. With cilantro. Just for you, Ame.

So to quote the lovely Paula Deen: Amy, from our kitchen to yours we wish you best dishes! Happy Birthday!
* I think it maybe should be noted that I am not a professional photographer. I know that is one fine looking picture of enchiladas (catch the sarcasm). But don't ask me to come photograph your dinners for you. I am too busy taking the legs off of Barbies to feed my kids.
12 comments:
Happy Birthday to Amy! Your enchiladas look delicious. I'm with you on the barbie legs...no fat must equal healthy, right? ;) And I'm taking a total shot in the dark with this, but I'm guessing the SNL guy would be Chris Farley?!?
You have the yummiest recipes, yet another one you HAVE to send me!! Remember... Travis only eats if it comes on a tortillas!! When you run out of Barbie legs you are more than welcome to ours!!!
Thanks for making me laugh this morning!
Happy Birthday to your sister!
YaY to JENN! You correctly guessed Chris Farley as Matt Foley, the motivational speaker! and now for your awesome pretend prize...TEN THOUSAND PRETEND DOLLARS!!! Wow. I know. I'm generous with pretend money. So what are you going to do first with all that fake cash?? Go to the outlets?
Hooray to me! Oh, I'm so going to the outlets, and spending it ALL. Every last fake cent of it!
I am so flattered, and also convinced that you will become addicted to garnishing, as I am. I think the barbie leg would be much better with a little chipotle sauce drizzled on it, don't you? I honestly got tears in my eyes laughing while I read your blog, and not just remembering all the flak I have gotten for past garnishing- it was so funny. And I really needed a laugh, which you already know if you saw my most recent posting. Thanks for the tribute- I am honored.
by the way, where is the recipe for these gorgeous tex-mex rollups?
Oh wow, those sound really good... Nice job on the garnish, too :) I'm at a loss for garnish ideas most of the time, so i just throw something green on it and no one questions it. Because it's green.
Carol,
Once again thank you for the late night laughs. I followed your hubby home from work, Hi Matt!
Carol-
Our house showing went great. Thanks for talking to me at 11:00pm you night owl.
Hey my favoritest Mia Maids leader! Here's the really nice comment I promised you! I heart your blog, thanks for the laugh!
Yummy, I'll have to get the recipe from Jenn! Happy Birthday Amy!!! I hope you keep up your passion w/ food as it is also one of mine... Now if I could only have someone there to clean up the mess. I love to cook, hate cleaning the mess. I guess I haven't trained Joel well enough!
Post a Comment