Friday, May 29, 2009

Gettin' Her Hair Did.


Strike a pose: VOGUE. I think Lindy gets it. Hank was working on copying her....Derik Zoolander need not worry.

Also Lindy decided that she wanted her hair cut for kindergarten. She chose how she wanted it and we called Connie. Connie lives across the street from my momma and has a salon in her basement. She cut my hair when I was Lindy's age and now she cuts Lindy's. We are huge Connie fans at our house. When my parents were in the Philippines and we lived in their house, Connie took Lindy under her wing and Lindy loves her. So there really was no choice. Lindy wouldn't trust a hair cut of this importance to just anyone. It had to be Connie. I mean this is her kindergarten haircut we're talking about here. We were lucky that she could squeeze Lindy in today.

BEFORE


THE WASH


THE CUT
(with Connie's darling granddaughter & Lindy's good friend Audi).


AFTER: FRONT & BACK

I think it's adorable. I do think just about everything she does is adorable...but still. And more importantly, she loves it. She has some extra sass in her step today, boy howdy.

And on a personal note, I apologize if there are words out of order or random sentences that don't fit in this post. I haven't been getting a lot of sleep lately. Oh, what's been keeping me up? This boy. Luke. Perhaps you remember him from the past two posts. He's new. He's almost two weeks old. WHAT? That was two weeks ago? Hm. It feels like it was earlier today and 100 years ago all at once. He didn't want to be left out of all the beauty going on here (Actually, he probably did want to be left out of it all. He probably wanted to eat or sleep or cry...possibly even poop. But his hair was getting a little greezy.), so he got his hair washed. I was all prepared for a screaming fest- because he is a screamer- but he loved it. And by loved it, I mean loved it (it seems like that may be one of the sentences that makes no sense...of course by loved it I mean loved it....but I'm not going to fix it. Why spend the two seconds it would take to erase the end of that when I can take a full 60 seconds writing a long and boring explanation of it? Yes. Much easier this way.) Anyway, a picture of the hair wash that he so clearly loved. Oh, did I mention he loved it? And did I mention he is almost two weeks old? Madness. Sheer madness.

10 comments:

The Neads said...

Tell Lindy that Natalyah thinks she looks like a real princess.. adorable hair cut.. And that baby.. just a doll.. Boston still hates baths.. how do you get him to love it?? Boston screams the whole time.. I try to get him clean as fast as possible and then dress him.. because he aint happy till those clothes get back on.. :)

Westlund Family said...

Her hair is super cute! And that baby, oh my! Hank is a cutie too!

arisa said...

RAMHORNS! lindy has the possibility to grow ramhorns! tell her to just wait a little bit and they'll be there. her haircut is oh so cute and she looks about 20 now. what is it about haircuts and making them look so grown up? tell her we think she is a hawt mama. and as far as luke, oh my goodness gracious, he gets cuter by the second.

Mindy said...

Oh, that baby! He is too sweet! And I love the haircut. Sassy!!

Janet said...

Who could possibly be more adorable? Lindy with her sassy and wonderful new hairbob? Hank, as he puts his whole heart into posing for the camera? or Luke with that freshly baked beauty? Hmmmmmm.... Yup, it's a draw!

snakeriverwalton said...

I need to come hold that baby some more. Yesterday there were too many distractions.

jenn said...

I LOVE Lindy's new haircut! It makes her look so grown up. Where has the time gone? Luke is changing so fast, and is so adorable...can't wait to meet him, and see everyone too!

Sidney said...

Congrats Carol! I didn't realize you were that far along! He is adorable! AND I am so happy to see Connie!!! I loved that lady when she was in charge of girl's camp. Fun times, she is a riot! Tell her hi for me. Lindy is adorable!

Kim said...

Oh my gosh! Her hair is so cute! I love that cut on her. And Hank and Luke are cute as ever.

Kate said...

Um, I got my hair cut on saturday, and I just read this and realized that me and Lindy pretty much have matching haircuts. So I think I'm going with the opinion that she copied MINE because it's ok for her to look almost seventeen, but there's no way I want to look five! :)