Have you ever had a moment of total and complete clarity? Where your destiny seems so clear you can reach out and touch it? The path you are chosen to walk jumps out with such obviousness you wonder how you never knew before? It is a mind blowing experience. One that I have had the pleasure of having this morning.
Thanks to my cousin Janet (who posted this Nirvana on her blog), I have chosen my sword of destiny (name the show I stole that from and you will win a prize). Never mind that this band's music speaks to my soul. Never mind that. These videos have brought me total clarity. This is what I am to do with my life. My senses have never been so sharp, my mind so attune. Bella was made to be a vampire, and me, I was made to be a treadmill and wallpaper dancer. Watch out ward talent show, watch out.
I could post more videos that touched my heart and made my vision even clearer. These 6 minutes will not be wasted, my friends. Watch the videos, at the very least the first one. And if you have an hour to kill, watch the rest of their videos too. You will not be disappointed. And if you are? Well then I don't know you at all.
OKAY! FINE! Stop begging. I will post one more. And this one is a specific shout out to Arisa. Double Decker kitty, anyone? This brought back so many memories, some I never knew I had. But total clarity is like that. The Underground is calling.
See you at the gym where I'll be honing my craft. Look for the enormous pregnant woman in sequins. Can't miss me.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Oh I have not been around you for years, but am quickly reminded!!! :)
do you think it's too late in the day to meet in malad for some choreography? we could put it together quick and then practice our parts on our own until we can get together again! hurry! it's not too late! all i need is the word and i'm on my way. thank you for bringing sunshine into my life and giving me some more nostalgia to swim in. i've never been happier.
Oh my dear cousin! I love you from ocean to ocean! and your kids are so adorable - i swear. .. . that picture of Hank in the moon boots and wife beater made my ENTIRE week :)
They SWORE that video of me hula hooping wouldn't be put on the internet!!!!! THEY LIED TO ME!!! Sigh, all that money I could have made with my killer hooping skills. Well poo, who wants to be rich anyway right?
First of all, I am SO proud that I could introduce you to your destiny. I will carry that joy with me 'til my dying day.
Second, if we are referring to the same Sword of Destiny... it is from one of my favorite shows ever, the much under-appreciated Arrested Development in which Gob used it to try and kick-start his magic career but succeeded in only getting his fingers put back on in the wrong place.
Do I watch too much TV? Only the good stuff.
I didn't know a treadmill could be so fun. Maybe I'll have to get one. I am now a fan of OK Go. And I'm sure these music videos will be your sword of destiny and jump start your career just as the real sword did for GOB. Oh, it didn't? Well, good luck to you.
I love that! I can watch the treadmill dancers over and over. They are so mesmerizing. If planting Trees and bushes are also in your future aspirations for this spring it is time to order them again. The website is jeffswcd.org.
maybe we could do something like this at the next family reunion! The kids and I all sat around and watched these after Janet's post too. They were awesome. The treadmill is my favorite. And could you get me some sequined spandex for working out in? I've got post-pregnant belly which is almost as good.
JANET!! Right on with Arrested Development. An excellent show. I hear there are rumors of a movie. I would be so happy.
Now for your prize. This took some real doing, but I have scheduled a magic show with Gob. It is actually Will Arnett as Gob. It is at my house on Friday. I hope you can make it. Amy Poehler is coming with their baby. I guess if you can't get here I'll just enjoy my evening with them and the magic show of a lifetime. :)
What a prize! Your generosity knows no bounds, cuz. Wish I could be there, but I know you will enjoy it for me. Be sure to ask for a ride on the Segway, that will be so righteous!
The movie better happen. We've waited so long already. Why do we have such a stupid viewing public? So many good shows, just dumped. Why? WHY?
The treadmill is definitely my favorite. Porter watched it with me, and he couldn't stop laughing!
Post a Comment