Tuesday, February 10, 2009

photo tag-a-roni and cheese

My darling sister Amy tagged me with a photo tag. And it's taken me a while to do it. I am supposed to open my picture file, go to my sixth folder, and post my sixth picture in that folder and explain it. I have held off doing it hoping for a Valentine's day miracle, specifically the resurrection of my external hard drive. It died last week after a short fall off a small table onto a stack of diapers. Apparently, you don't have to hit your brain very hard to do some serious damage (I'm sure Amy will back me up on that one). Anyway, long story long, my hard drive is still in the hands of some mysterious computer medicine man and it may be materialistic and a shallow thing to turn over to the Lord, but I am praying very hard for four years worth of pictures to be returned to me, unscathed. But the more time that passes, the more I feel like crying myself to sleep. Feel bad for me, quick.

So, instead of doing her tag to the letter, I will open a file of downloaded pictures that I keep on the laptop, and use the sixth picture in there. I hope you all understand and remember to feel sorry for me.



This is Hank and Milli in the Flinstone's car. They are recreating a really cute picture that I have (er...had...feel bad for me) of Hatch and Lindy at about the same age the day my parents left for the Philippines. If the miracle man pulls off his destiny then I will post the other picture some day. If not, you will just have to believe me that it was every bit as darling as this one.

Okay. Now I am supposed to tag six people, but I really am not positive that six people read this that haven't already done the tag...so if you are reading this, you are tagged. And you know who you are, I know who you are, and you know that I know that you know who you are. Don't try to skip out. :) Or do. It's late and I'm getting sassy and bossy but ultimately it's your decision on whether you do the tag. But the feeling sorry for me? Yeah. That's mandatory.

9 comments:

jenn said...

That is horrible about your hard drive...I really hope that it comes back all fixed. :) Little Hank and Milli are too cute!!

Janet said...

I couldn't feel more sorry for you if you were being hauled off to prison on a bum rap. Losing your pictures is a devastating event and even though you are super duper funny, I know if it were me that I would seriously be crying myself to sleep every night. So cry proudly! I will say drive fixing prayers myself.

Your photo is very, very sweet!

leslie mae said...

Awe Man!! MAJOR BUMMER!! I can empathize {kinda, I only lost just over a year of pictures, loads of geneology}; I'm with Janet... this one you can definately cry about!!! I sure hope those prayers are answered and you get them all back!!!

Shea said...

Awww Carol..I'm so sorry! I am waiting for the day that that happens in this house. I will cry.

As for the picture, it is adorable!

Jessica and Tom said...

I am sorry to hear about your lost pictures. this has happen to everyone in my family but me. Each time it does a take a moment to burn a disk of any new pictures I have taken. Thanks for the reminder to back up. I will pray that you will get all your info back too!!

Mindy said...

I feel extremely sorry for you. I might have even shed a tear or two in your behalf... since I have not done this tag, I guess I'm one of those you were talking about, and I know that you know that I know that you know who I am, or something.

snakeriverwalton said...

First of all may I comment that all your friends are seriously ridiculous for posting at um 4:05 am, 5:51 am, etc. I feel like a loser that I'm the 7th poster at 8:30am!!! Am I like a total slug? And yes, you can hit damage your brain with ridiculously small amounts of propulsion. Ask me sometime about my favorite brain injury story involving the polygamist boy who fell from a miniature horse... yes, it's a good one! Sorry about your pictures. If our kids looked anything alike, we could do some photoshop magic, but, they don't, do they?

arisa said...

i'm with amy on this one. it's only 1030 and i'm #8! there is something wrong with this picture. i need to start getting up at midnight to check blogs. i'm incredibly sorry about your hard drive, but i have faith in the computer medicine man that he will not only bring it back all fixed, but with magical extra pictures of your kids that you have never even seen. prayers can do stuff like that. jump back!
and ps. hank and milli are adorable.

Keith and April said...

I don't feel sorry for you. What was your hard drive doing falling onto a stack of diapers? It's its own fault. Diapers are soft...or so I thought. Were they...used? No no don't tell me