Saturday, December 27, 2008

And the Winner Is....

The night before our ultrasound, we were talking about possible names for this tiny bun. I asked Lindy Loo what she thought. "Um.." She was pensive. "If it is a girl, I think we should name her Lily." Lovely, I totally like that name. "And," she continued, "If it is a boy, we should name him Robot Dube." Riiighht.


We got there. We checked it all out (well, Rod the ultrasound guru checked it out and then told us), and ROBOT DUBE it is. See? He's waving hello to you. "Hi." He says, "My name is Robot Dube. I'll see ya soon." So no real need for name suggestions, I think we're all set. Unless of course you don't think Robot Dube is fitting for a little man... Yeah, I didn't think you would think that. It's just plain awesome. I think what I like best about it is that you don't really hear it that often, you know? It's fresh. It's funky. It's Robot Dube.




I didn't post a picture of his "parts" because come on people, this is a family blog. And I don't want to have to flag it for adult content. That just doesn't seem appropriate. Just take our word for it (well, Rod the ultrasound guru's word... it just looked like fuzz to me).

13 comments:

Janet said...

what a lovely Robot Dube! He'll be the only one in his class, though he will have to spell it for the teacher every year.

arisa said...

i hate to disagree with janet, but robot dude is pretty easy to spell...i'd stick with it. he is beautiful and i can't wait to meet him!

Callie said...

Congratulations on the little bun in the oven. It's all very exciting. I think something like Bernard or Eduardo might be better- but I'll still like ya if you stick with Robot Dude- that's cool too!

jenn said...

Congrats! I'm super excited for your little family to have a new little brother! Love Lindy's name choices, they are too cute.

leslie mae said...

My goodness!!! Can you hear me screaming?!!! I am OH SO happy for you!!! Congratulations a million times!!!

PS. Ya never know; Robot Dube could just be the next big celeb baby name!

Shea said...

YAY!!! Congrats to you and your family! I like Robot Dude :) It has a great ring to it..and is very easy to remember!

snakeriverwalton said...

I'm disappointed that we don't get a glimpse of Robot Dude's diddly. That's the fun of an ultrasound- and how can we tease him about it for years to come if you don't share it. Maybe when we come to your house you can show me the fuzzy picture so I can have some leverage for the future.

H A L to the G C's Ma said...

So I had no idea you were even expecting. How did I not know this? I'm always the last to hear things. Lindy has great taste, Robot Dude Blatter.... It has a certain ring to it. Congrats. Is Lindy okay not getting a little sister? Though she is used to little brothers by now. By the way, thanks for your comment, just keep your fingers crossed, I'm hoping to be going back within the next couple days but Jamie went out of town for 2 days to go hunting so I think I can hang on until tomorrow night. Anyway, congrats again and when is the BIG day??

Kim said...

Congrats, Congrats, Congrats! Damian over-heard Matt say something to that matter a month or so ago, but we didn't want to be nosy and ask. So I am glad it is out in the open. Welcome to the neighborhood little robo.... We can't wait so meet you. Taegen and Weston will be so lucky to have another buddy.

Jude said...

Hey... congrats! That's great news. And Robot Dube is a perfect name.

The Neads said...

CONGRATS!!! I told Keayen that name and he wanted to name our baby boy that... I said we really couldn't steal there name so we are sticking with "Boston"... I'll leave that name for you... no matter how much I love it, I'll try not to name my baby that.. I am so excited for you guys... boys are so GREAT!!

Natalie said...

I didn't even know you were pregnant! Give Mr. Dube a little pat for us. Congratulations! :)

Westlund Family said...

Congrats! I had no idea! Way to keep a secret!