We had an FHE on goal setting the other week. Everyone set goals and then I threw away the papers a couple of days later. Guess what my goal was? Yes. Tidy the house more, thereby throwing away everyone else's goals. Hazaa! That worked out so well!
There is one in our family, however, who is taking his resolutions to heart. Diesel. Apparently, his goal was to eat healthier. He doesn't speak English, so I am just guessing at this. But it seems pretty obvious. Today I glanced out the window to see Diesel munching an apple. Yes folks, an apple. I took a couple of pictures while I ate my cookies and doritos for lunch.

Diesel: "Hey everybody in the house, look at this awesome red ball I found out here!"

"What is that intoxicating smell? Delicious! And so on track with my new vegetarian lifestyle!"
"Yum. I am the weirdest yet healthiest dog ever."

"What is that intoxicating smell? Delicious! And so on track with my new vegetarian lifestyle!"
"Yum. I am the weirdest yet healthiest dog ever."He ate four.
What? How's that? You would like to know how a bunch of apples ended up in the backyard to be consumed by our vegetarian dog? Oh. Right. Well, it's NOT because we pitch apples at the cats who come to drink Diesel's water (and by AT I mean NEAR, just to scare 'em a little). Because in addition to his vegetarianism, Diesel has, it seems, adopted a complete hippie lifestyle by also pledging to be a peace-lover and no longer chase cats. Instead he has taken a vow to cower, act scared of them, and let them drink his water whilst he meditates on the meaning of life. But that is not why the backyard is peppered with apples. Because we would never do that. Just kidding, we would. But we didn't. Yes we did. Not. Just kidding, we did. No. Yes. Never. ish.
Either way, I think the world would be a little better if we all took a page out of Diesel the Hippie Dog's book. More apples, More love, More meaning of life. (I think I should probably order that in vinyl for my wall, don't you?).
What? How's that? You would like to know how a bunch of apples ended up in the backyard to be consumed by our vegetarian dog? Oh. Right. Well, it's NOT because we pitch apples at the cats who come to drink Diesel's water (and by AT I mean NEAR, just to scare 'em a little). Because in addition to his vegetarianism, Diesel has, it seems, adopted a complete hippie lifestyle by also pledging to be a peace-lover and no longer chase cats. Instead he has taken a vow to cower, act scared of them, and let them drink his water whilst he meditates on the meaning of life. But that is not why the backyard is peppered with apples. Because we would never do that. Just kidding, we would. But we didn't. Yes we did. Not. Just kidding, we did. No. Yes. Never. ish.
Either way, I think the world would be a little better if we all took a page out of Diesel the Hippie Dog's book. More apples, More love, More meaning of life. (I think I should probably order that in vinyl for my wall, don't you?).
9 comments:
big, bold vinyl. Oh yes.
what's my word verification?
love you lotch!
i really do think he's been watching the biggest loser too much. that'll make anyone love apples more. and don't worry...i already made you that sign on my vinyl machine. it's in the mail!
ps what is diesel's word for the year?
please tell me yours. i'll give you all the apples you want to throw in the backyard!
Too funny! It was probably my cat, sorry to make you waste your healthy apples.
Ha Kim! Maybe I should clarify that the apples were from my parents' tree and were riddled with worms...so maybe Diesel isn't so vegetarian after-all. Mwwaaahahah.
Please, oh please please please tell us your word! I'm BEGGING you to tell us! ;)
Are you going to let Diesel grow his hair out long too? You could play the Beach Boys for him in the backyard while he munches. Can Brutus come up and spend some time with him? He's been way uptight lately, and could really use some chillin'. PS, you could email me your word and I"LL NEVER TELL ANYONE! Maybe I would, but I wouldn't. But I might. Not. Never. Ever. Maybe. (I love this vacillating thin, it's fun!)
Lovin' the blog. You crack me up. Congratulations on the baby (boy)! I'm excited for you.
Hey sweetie, I am totally blog stalking you!!! Congrats on the baby on the way. So two boys one girl. . .huh? You look fantastic and have a beautiful family. You need to get on facebook so we can chat! Send me your email to tacdowns@yahoo.com and I will send you an invite to our blog. lol :)
in reference to your comment on Janet's, if you will wear it, I WIll MAKE IT FOR YOU!
Post a Comment