Today was Lindy's first day of preschool. She came upstairs all ready to go. She has been waiting to go for a long time now and has had her outfit picked out for days. I, of course, got a little emotional. I can't believe how grown up she is. And I couldn't believe I was bawling when I am one of her teachers. It's not like she is going to boarding school or anything. I quickly sucked it up, and we had a wonderful day. I think this is going to be a very very fun year.
My Mom brought all the grand-girls an umbrella from the Philippines. Lindy got hers yesterday ( my Mom and Dad's shipment came on the slow boat and arrived yesterday). Grandma told her that in the Philippines, people use their umbrellas rain or shine. Lindy decided that this was just plain good sense and insisted she bring her new umbrella.
The preschool is across the street in Kandice and Andy's basement. Kandice and I are sharing the load and teaching it together. We have seven students and they are each so much fun. I really think this is going to be a blast. I didn't tear up once and found myself laughing out loud several times today. Nothing like seven 3, 4, & 5 year-olds to make you smile (unless, of course, you add in two almost 2 year-olds, ie: Hank and Milli, then the hilarity more than quadruples).
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
i'll be honest. i misted up looking at the pictures of your daughter who is probably the cutest girl ever. how did she get so grown up? and she did a great job picking our her outfit...send her to my house to give me some fashion help, would you?
How fun. You are more adventurist than me. I don't think I could handle preschoolers in mass quantities like that.
Awww..I love her back to school outfit! Very styling :) She is very darling! Crazy how fast they grow up!
She looks so cute, and so grown up! Love the outfit she picked...the pic walking across the street to school is my favorite!
Why is it so hard to have our kids grow up when that is why we are all here? To have babies, raise them and get rid of them so they can go do the same. I had a real hard time when Hadley went to pre-school, then the next year she went again only Avery went with her, that made it easier, But I'm here to tel you Kindergarden is even harder. We want them to get an education and the break is very welcomed but all the memories of their birth and stuff come rushing back like it was yesterday. Maybe we cry because it means we are getting older. Yes I'm sure that's it. Good luck with the teaching.
I feel so out of it. I didn't even know Mom got her shipment. Lindy is getting very grown up.
what do you want for your fake prize for the longest comment ever?
Post a Comment