Friday, January 8, 2010

Update Ya'll

Remember last year when I made what I tried to pass off as bread?

I am now pleased to announce that I tried it again. It only took me a year to get up the courage. A year and some booze. Just kidding. I don't do booze, I'm sure this post would be a lot funnier if I did though.

Matthew surprised me with a new bread hook for my mixer for Christmas. So I felt like I had to give it one more shot. Plus I still had all the ingredients hanging around from last year. What? I'm a hoarder, it's what I do. Only not a hoarder like the A&E show "Hoarders," that's just disgusting. I just keep flour and gluten, not used adult diapers and dead cats--but that's a different post for a different time. But HONK if you love-slash-want-to-barf-everytime-you-see that show. Ahem, on that note, let's get back to talking about my bread. Because nothing gets an appetite going like talking about dead cats and diapers.

I felt like, in addition to the no bread hook thing, that perhaps the apron I wore that fateful day jinxed me. I'm pretty superstitious about things like that. So I also donned my brand new apron given to me by a dear friend for my birthday. I am sure that it was the magical combination of new apron and new hook, but my bread making excursion went much better this time.

This photo is a little something I like to call REDEMPTION. Don't I look cocky? It's the booze. Er, not the booze as I have previously stated I do not do booze. I do, however, realize that my eyes look bloodshot enough to be on booze. I have no excuses for that -oh wait, yes I do. It's a baby who has decided that 4 -5:30 a.m. is his own personal party time and I am the only invited guest. Hooray for me! Again, another post for another time -like 4 a.m.. maybe.


Hazaa! See? I'm not a total moron after all. Well-- at least not at breadmaking. The jury is still out on most other facets of life.

8 comments:

Janet said...

That bread is flippin' beautiful and you look great when you are *not* on the sauce.

Hoarders is like an accident, horrible, yet you can't look away.

arisa said...

1. HONK!
2. you look gorgeous and i need to take skinny lessons from you.
3. that bread is beautiful enough to open your own bakery. i'll be your first customer!

Mindy said...

Dang, that bread looks GOOD! I predict many more loaves to come! :)

snakeriverwalton said...

that bread is gorgeous! I want to come and eat some. Your posts always make me laugh out loud.

mort said...

I think you shouls blog our bows!

Kim said...

Holy cow I am salivating! Your favorite neighbors to the west would love some of that gorgeous bread! Don't worry I wouldn't share either if I were you. And man you are looking skinny! WHOO HOO!

ali-dot-e said...

Hey Carol!
I am glad that you found my blog! Thanks for visiting, and now I will blog stalk you if that is alright!!

Funny story, My mom bought Grayson an electric toothbrush because she saw you had one for your little one. So I guess I have you to thank for my portable sanity!!

Take care and stop by any time!

Chele said...

you look amazing! as does your bread! i need some lessons on getting skinny as soon as i have my baby, hope things are going great!