Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fright Week

This shrunken pumpkin says "hewwo."


We have had a marathon of Halloween goodness this week! We started out Monday, with the always fantastic Annual Mortimer Pumpkin Carving. It did not disappoint. Although I did get too full, but that's nobody's fault but my own. I forgot my camera (of course) but above is a shot of Lindy's finished product. It looked really good the first night...now it kind of looks like an elderly person. What are you gonna do?


We had a preschool party on Wednesday, and went to my parents' ward's trunk-or-treat. Lindy was a bat cat (from Charlie and Lola, which she had to explain. People thought that she had a speech problem and was trying to say black cat, but Lindy isn't one to let things slide. She would correct them and correct them until they got it right. Her attention to detail is impressive). Hank was a pumpkin, no confusion there. Piper was an 80's girl, complete with side ponytail, Hatch was a cow, complete with clanging bell. Milli was an adorable little chicken. On Thursday our ward did a Halloween party and on Friday, the actual day, we trick-or-treated at a whopping TWO houses. I know. We really went the extra mile on that. We are classic overachievers. It may have had to do with our car battery dying at the bank, so we tick-tocked away precious trick-or-treating time waiting for my dad to rescue us with his super hero jumper cables. Lucky for us he came home from the Philippines so he could save our butts at least once a week.

So there you have it. Halloween extravaganza. It's totally November now. For reals. Go check your calendar. I didn't believe it at first either, but it's true. Soon I will be drowning in mashed potatoes and turkey. My mouth is watering just entertaining the thought.

11 comments:

Janet said...

Two houses were worth it. What cute kids!
Carol, please walk over and tell Andy and Kandice that I am trying to blogstalk them. I sent them a "please let me in" e-mail, but either I have a defunct address, or they got my message and I am way more creepy and stalkerish than I thought, in which case I will try to get some therapy.
P.S. my verification word is "uncoard", seems like it should mean something.

Westlund Family said...

Sounds like you guys had a very busy week! I just love Halloween!

Shea said...

Awesome costumes! My boys love Charlie and Lola..I would have totally gotten her costume :) Sounds like you guys had an awesome week!!!

snakeriverwalton said...

my verification word is antsit- i could take that so many ways. Love the costumes, I'll need the bat cat explained to me.

Anonymous said...

Oooooo I just love little kiddos in adorable costumes! Sounds like a fun week! And I am still laughing out loud at how you said the elderly pumpkin says hewwo! I love it! You are hilarious and your posts are ALWAYS so dang funny!

Jessica and Tom said...

And here I thought Whitney had created the idea of a bat cat all on her own. I thought it was her clever idea to incorporate her sparkly black scarf as wings. I should have known it came from TV!!

arisa said...

i wish you could have trick or treated here! lindy's tutu is adorable and hank is the cutest pumpkin i've ever seen. and ps, i love the shrunken punkin.

Kim said...

How stinkin cute! With all the trunk-or-treats, our kids get about 1000 times the candy we got. Spoiled kids, I plan on saving it for their Christmas Stockings. Does that make me a bad mom? Hmmm.....

jenn said...

I love Lindy's bat cat costume, and Hank is the cutest little pumpkin ever! I am glad they had a fun-filled Halloween week!

Sidney said...

Man this post brought me back to the good old days of us trick-or-treating w/ our coats on because it was so cold and also the great spook alley's you guys used to have. Didn't we dress up as punk rockers one year? Aaahh good times, good times! The kids are adorable!

The Neads said...

I just found your blog... you guys are sooo cute!!! Halloween.... looks like you guys had a blast!