Wednesday, November 19, 2008

He IS Our Friend Afterall.


I know that we are all striving to keep Christ in our lives. Especially as the Holidays approach and our thoughts are easily turned to the birth of the Savior and His role in our lives from then on. I think, however, that Hank may be taking his relationship with our kind, wise, Heavenly Brother a little too literally.

Last night in the tub, Hank was tossing a washrag from one end of the tub to the other. He found his game hilarious and peeled with laughter every time the dripping cloth landed with a sploosh at the other end. He giggled the whole way across the bath to retrieve it, only to repeat it again and again. After about the tenth time I stopped laughing. But Hank was still very into it. Apparently, I was no longer an attentive enough audience because he started saying, "Jesus Watch!" "Watch Jesus!" "Look Jesus!" And would throw the washrag for Jesus to enjoy. I am not kidding when I say it went on for five whole minutes. And even then this holy game of Washrag Toss only ended because Hank got a horror stricken face and said, "poopies." That is a sure fire way to get yourself ejected from ANY game, especially a Holy Washrag Toss game in a tub that "mortal mommy" has to clean up.

So as this Christmas season envelops you all, I know you will keep in mind the real reason for the season. And if you really want to get in touch with the Savior, I hear He enjoys a game of Holy Washrag Toss every once in a while.

11 comments:

Janet said...

That is hilarious! Thank you for sharing. I think I will go round up my boys and see if they are up for a nice game of Holy Washrag Toss!

p.s. my word verification is "nessesse". that's the best one I have ever had. I think it means something you really want but can't justify as a necessity.

Shea said...

What a creative boy you have! I love it!

Sidney said...

That cracks me up! I have a boy like that. He also takes things very literally like the time I told him to go pee "in the candle light" because I thought it would be cool to go pee while there was only a candle lit in the bathroom. He thought I meant to pee in the candle light literally and now my candle smells like urine! Crazy boys!

snakeriverwalton said...

This is a great testimony that even when they're young they are aware! Once when Jared was little, our sanitation engineer had a beard, and he came running in saying, "Jesus is our garbage man!

Mindy said...

I love your posts... I think you should write more often.

Kandice Mortimer said...

Oh Hank, I love you!

Jessica and Tom said...

I love it! All good things have to come to an end. And lucky for you there was a warning before the end came out!!

arisa said...

this story is now one of my favorites. and if there's one thing i'm sure of, it's that Jesus enjoyed the game as much as Hank did. :)

Westlund Family said...

Children are so precious, I love it!

jenn said...

What a smart little guy! That is too funny, I couldn't stop laughing.

Kat Archibald said...

Oh my goodness - you just made my Thursday morning!!! Thanks for being amazing my Dear Dear Cousin!!!

What's awesome about this story is He probably was watching :)