Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Of Poison and Plastic Surgery

Yesterday was Boone's four month check up. While we were waiting for the doctor to come in the room I noticed this brochure.

It's really comforting to know that I only have to remember one number in case my child is poisoned OR I see some suspicious activity I need to report. I do wish I had this number last Saturday when Luke ate an entire pack of Trident on the way home from Target. Is gum in mass quantities poison? Is it terrorism? I think Luke's belly would say it's a little of both. I guess the two topics of this brochure are more related than I first thought.

And since we're on the topic of doctors, Boone was diagnosed as super tall. He is in the 90 percentile for height. What? My child? Did I hear that right? Odds are he won't stay tall, but I hereby diagnose him as super cute for life.

On a related note, I always thought that I would be the first one in our family to receive plastic surgery. At the doctor yesterday we talked about that spot you can see on Boone's forehead. He narrowed it down to a few of extremely long words. The most harmless and most likely is a hemangioma, a benign red bump that will grow with him for a while and then fade away in a few years. But to be sure, the doctor referred us to a pediatric facial plastic surgeon to tell us exactly what it is and if we need to be concerned or have it removed. My future tummy tuck, botox injections, and eye lift were suddenly very jealous at the possibility of this baby getting a turn at plastic surgery before me. All in good time, body work. All in good time.

4 comments:

Janet said...

Jack had a hemangioma on his cheek. I'd forgotten all about it! it was there for years, then, suddenly, it was just gone. I think he was 5 or 6 when it gave up and went away.

BrittanyLane said...

He is so very sweet. 90th percentile? Holy tall, Batman! We're lucky to hit the 10th percentile around here. Maybe you have yourself a basketball player.

arisa said...

i think i am still not in the 90th percentile, and i am an old lady. please send boone here. i need to hold a cute baby.

snakeriverwalton said...

Hello top of the charts, Boone and Rachel. Wait til you see what he has in store for him. Did I tell you that Rachel grew 10 inches in the past year? yep- that's what the top of the growth chart looks like. The pediatrician told her she's already passed most adult women. Booh-yah.