
So we took Hank to the urgent care in Idaho Falls and he was so brave and so tough. The doctor said the cut went down into the fourth out of five layers of his skin on his head (oi. barf.) He got his head glued with Dermabond instead of stitches. There's nothing so bad there's not something good about it. Glue = lots better than thread and needles. I think I might buy some Dermabond and keep it in my fannypack.
He did so good that we thought he deserved ice cream. We try our best not to shop on Sunday. But if ever the ox was in the mire, this was it. The kid deserved a shake. And to be quite honest, so did his mama. My dad called while we were in the drive-thru. Now just because we felt that the ice cream was worth it, doesn't mean we wanted my dad to know we were getting ice cream. So we were trying to be stealth. The girl at McDonalds probably thought I was deranged. I was practically whispering at the window. But she obviously didn't pick up on the fact that I wanted to stay on the downlow while the phone was on.
"Do you need a drink holder?" She hollered.
"No, this is great. " I whispered back, covering the phone with my hand.
"Okay then, here's the strawberry ones," she bellowed. "Aaaand here are the chocolates. YOU GUYS HAVE A GOOD DAY." Could this girl talk any louder? She honestly could not have been louder if she had a megaphone. It was hilarious. Or maybe we were all just in shock. Even with the loudest drive-thru worker in America, I don't think my dad heard a thing. Hazaa! My secret is safe! Oh wait, what? He might read this? TURDS.

Here he is with his contraband shake. Look at that face. That kid deserved a shake. I stand by my decision to get it on Sunday. Just don't tell my dad, okay?
Hank is doing well today. It only bothers him if her touches it or remembers or wants some candy.
9 comments:
i love massive headwound hank! way to go hank for being such a champ! please tell him if he comes to visit me i'll get him a milkshake! or two....
Oh yeah... totally an ox in the mire situation. I'm behind you all the way. :)
Pour Hank. Some injuries will always be a mystery. I am totally about super glue in the fanny pack! I love that you mentioned it, I would love to see you wearing one. Too bad for the loud drive thru lady. I justify for you even though I wouldn't want my dad to know either!!
Poor little guy. Don't you just love those misterious moments when all heck breaks loose. And everyone has amnesia? Apparantly I havn't seen your kids enough latelt because they were playing in the back yard and I had to ask who that little boy was. Lexi said, "Duh mom, its Hank!" In my defense his beenie was covering most of his face. :)
Ahh, poor little Hank, hope his head gets feeling better soon. I think he deserved a milkshake too...a large one. :)
dermabond is the derma-bomb! love that stuff. how can we get ahold of some? Tell hank we feel for him, and Dad is so focused he would only have noticed if the lady had asked if you wanted to rent some clothing.
I would have got the whole value meal! Hope everything is OK.
You should have just brought him to Tom he LOVES to superglue wounds.
What a trooper. You're right, he did deserve a shake, and you're right that drive-thru window people are unnecessarily loud. They also are in to big of a rush. Just let me put this down before you hand me more, OKAY?!?!?
Who knew falling asleep could be so dangerous? Lots of things started to make sense for me with my second boy. He tells on himself. It's one of his best features. The older and younger models don't have it.
Post a Comment