"I asked my friend her last name." she said with a grin.
"Oh good, what is it?" I ask.
"Hm.." she thought as she tapped her chin, "I know it started with Mmm or Rrr -- or Gu. Ghoster? Coasten? Roaster? Rover? Monster? Yeah. Monster. So can we call her?"
Hmm. I can see now how well that conversation would go.
Me: "Hello? Mrs. Monster? My daughter would like to invite your daughter to play. Where do you live and we will come pick her up."
Barbra Monster: "Oh, how delightful. She would love to come. Here are the directions to us: we live in some kid's closet. Just go past the bathroom and then turn right at the open door. But we are only there at night. OH, and if it's this weekend, we will be at our vacation home under some other kid's bed. So when were you planning?"
I told Lindy she was going to have to get the little girl's real last name, like write it down, or better yet get her phone number.
Well I think the problem is solved. The other day Lindy came home with a map. Now it is no secret that I love maps. I can spend several hours googlemapping my way all over the world. Ever since they added the street-view feature...oh my, I can't quite profess my love of googlemaps enough. I would do a commercial for them. So I figured we were in business when Lindy told me that the friend had drawn a map and it was in her backpack for me to look at. Because with all of my googlemap prowless I felt prepared for any cartography challenge.

Oh yes. That is helpful. Let's go pick her up. I'll just get my bag.
9 comments:
wait a second...that's a map to my house! and i drew that for my cartography class! how did that girl get her mitts on it??
That is awesome. I didn't know you were such a map junkie. I am, too :)
just follow your nose, it always knows!
BTW cute new family pic!
Nothing is more hilarious than kids making their own social plans. I love it!
What? You can't read that?
I can't believe you don't know where that house is... :)
that is to cute! love your family picture!
That is hillarious! Gianluca is just as helpful! So this gives me hope to know I'm not the only one. Your blog still cracks me up!
Post a Comment