Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Power of Prayer

The other night, Lindy was asked to give the blessing on the food. We were having breakfast burritos, not that it matters, but I just got thinking about the whole situation and remembered that I love breakfast burritos. We're probably having them tonight too. But I digress. There is nothing like a good burrito to get me off topic. Unless it is a sandwich, now a good sandwich I could talk about for hours. Maybe we'll have sandwiches for dinner. Anyway, back to the matter at hand. Here is her prayer in it's entirety.

I'm going to write it like a letter because I started writing it as a gigantic run-on sentence, but it just seemed wrong, so here it is...Lindy's letter prayer (like how I use a gigantic run-on to say I'm not going to use a run-on? Nothing but the finest grammar here, people.).

"Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for this day. Please bless Luke that he will grow up to be handsome. Please bless Hank that he will be handsome. Please bless me to always be cute. Please help us to, whenever we go somewhere, look our best and be cute.
Oh, and please bless the food... Amen."

So when you see us and notice how strikingly handsome and cute we all are, don't be surprised. It's just the power of prayer at work.


I think Lindy has cute down, even if she does kind of look like a pink gangsta. Instead of the bloods or the crypts her gang would be called the marshmallows or the powder puffs. Either way, she looks pretty tough and cute simultaneously, which I have heard is pretty hard to pull off.


And this one? He smiles now. Pretty handsome if you ask me.

And Hank. Well, take away the barbie shoes, the baby swing, and the pajamas at 4:25 in the afternoon, and this dude is pretty handsome too.


Oh, and please bless the food. Amen.

12 comments:

arisa said...

this post made my heart sing. lindy can add hilarious to her resume under "qualifications". right under cute, that is. luke is growing up so much and his smiles are so cute! and hank! maybe it's the barbie shoes that do it, but he looks like he's 7 rather than 2. and please rest assured that i indeed think you are all cute, wherever it is you go.
amen.

Westlund Family said...

That is the funniest thing ever! I love it!

The Neads said...

oh he is adorable.. and Lindy just needs to come and play with Tally... she is a beautiful little girl..

Mindy said...

Dang... I need to start praying for cute!! It has totally worked for you guys. ;)

Janet said...

they are all so cute, and handsome, and that burrito sounds pretty good right now even though it's only 9:24 am. And if it makes you feel any better, one of my boys was wearing those same shark pajamas from get-up to go-to-bed the other day. What they hay, it's summer!

snakeriverwalton said...

I think the prayers need to be sent our way. We need some help in looking our best. funny prayer

Jessica and Tom said...

So my question is where did she get her concern for looking good when she goes out? I know Whit gets it from me. I change before we leave home because I don't want to run into people I know when I look, well, uncute. Maybe I should start praying for this too! Can't wait to see you around town looking so cute and handsome!

Chele said...

Absolutely adorable. I loved it. Your kids are so very cute. We still need to get together. Love the barbie shoes on Hank. I think that Lindy looks a lot like you !! Adorable

The Neads said...

yes it was Kelly's car.. and my Van.. it was a day for getting cars fixed.. hey send me your phone number and I would love to get the girls together :)

Kim said...

I love it! I vote The Powder Puff Gang.

Kate said...

Cute!!

Sidney said...

That is too funny! A couple weeks ago we gave Allegra a blessing for her broken leg. The next day we had Gianluca bless the food and (I kid you not) he stands up, puts his head on Allegra's head, and blessed the food... and Daddy so he can exercise and lose his belly! Kids say and do the darnedest things!

P.S. Tell Arisa I want to be able to check out her blog.