Little Bunny Foo-Foo
Hoppin' through the forest
Pickin' up the field mice and
Boppin' 'em on the head.
Down came the Good Fairy.
And she said,
Little bunny Foo-Foo
I don't want to see you
Pickin' up the field mice
and boppin' 'em on the head.
Pickin' up the field mice and
Boppin' 'em on the head.
Down came the Good Fairy.
And she said,
Little bunny Foo-Foo
I don't want to see you
Pickin' up the field mice
and boppin' 'em on the head.
Where for art thou, Bunny Foo-Foo? We have been in our home one year. A yard? No. A finished basement? NO. But a garden?? Yes.
This year Matt and I planted our very first garden. We are not green in thumb by nature, so we were a little worried about the whole thing. We planted double of everything because we figured half of everything we planted would die. And guess what? There was some kind of gardening miracle and it didn't die. We were getting a gorgeous crop. We ate peas until our sides hurt. It was glorious.
But this last week we have noticed a few...uh...changes. Matt checked on it the other day and noticed the watermelon plants were getting nibbled on. Well that is an understatement, they were getting chomped on. I went out a few nights later and found that the watermelon plants were pretty much obliterated. After a good cry we did some research. The culprit? Field mice. There is little ricey poo-poo all over the place. And they aren't stopping at the watermelon. I brought in a zucchini with bites all over it, and the plants are getting nibbled away as well. The peppers? Eaten up as high as a mouse can reach. And me? Well I am angry. And distraught. And sad. Wo to me. I demand that you all feel bad for me, and quick.



But, don't worry too much. One website said all I need to do is saturate the area with coyote or fox urine. Oh, so never mind. I'm totally set. Let me just go take care of that real quick. With the gallons of FOX PEE I have laying around the house. Yes. Good plan. And when I am done with that I will make a buffalo throw rug and a few bear traps, all on my way to change my name to Laura Ingalls (actually, I'd rather be Nelly...she's so spunky and bratty, more like me). Yes. That should work out nicely.
No, I think my best resolution is to wait for for little bunny Foo-Foo to come and bop these nasties on the head. It seems just as realistic as sprinkling wild animal urine all over the place. And don't worry about the "good" fairy. I'll take care of her (yeah, I'll bop her on the head). As far as I'm concerned, there is no need to intervene, let's just let the Foo do his job.
This episode may have one positive though, Matt has talked of getting a kitty to gobble up those putrid mice. I am excited about this because I think cats are good at eating mice and also because I think Cinnamon, our neighbor's cat, needs a little competition with all the neighborhood Tom cats. If we get one we will name her Lucy, but we'll call her "Loose." I think you catch my drift.
In other, less animal oriented news, our neighbors, Damian and Kim, started a new business. Check it out HERE. If any of you need your stuff cleaned, give him a call. :) Tell him Large Marge sent ya (you know, from Pee-Wee's Big Adventure?).
And in the interest of being completely random, yesterday at church Lindy told me that all the other mom's are nice, but not me. And it didn't even make me feel bad....for very long. So I am either doing my job very well, or very poorly...my rodent problem has clouded my judgement on the subject.
******UPDATE*****
I just went out to take pictures for the blog, and the de-con Matt put out last night has TONS of poop in it. I bet those little field mice are feeling a little queasy today...MUAHAHAHA!!! I know it's wrong that I delight in their destruction, but I do, I really do.

9 comments:
That totally blows! I can't believe all of the poo in the decon. I'm with you..they have to be feeling very nauseated today. I hope that they leave your plants alone soon! Well..whats left of them after seeing your pictures :(
***As for the fox pee, is that for real? What a dumb thing to suggest. I mean, how do you even go about getting something like that! Now there is a blog post waiting to happen.
don't you have a fox pee outlet in idaho falls? we have several right here in town. i'll make sure to send you some! in the meantime, if you need a place to stay while the mice are gorging themselves on your hard work, come on down. i think i hear ikea calling our names....
would pee from a person who is foxy qualify, b/c then you could take care of it yourself!j
Sorry Cinnamon can't keep up with all these mice. I think she is pregnant again so if you want one you are welcome to it. We didn't get her fixed fast enough I guess. Anywho, Thanks a ton for advertising for us, you are great!
Carol! How unfortunate, but really hilarious how you put everything. Glad I found your blog in my stalking!! I've heard human pee does work too!!
You get those darn field mice!!! Glad you got to enjoy your pea crop (no I was not suggesting that you have a crop of fox pee to harvest) before the dang things got to them!
Love the kitty name!! That's great!!! You're SO clever! Made me chuckle for sure, especially since not an hour ago I realized Bella is in heat and now I am crossing my fingers that I got her put away before some ugly stray dog came and raped the poor thing!!
My sister had her hair in ringlets one day and I called her Nelly. She cried and I got in trouble. But lucky for her it scarred her so deeply that she didn't wear ringlets again. Way too 1800's for me.
There is nothing wrong with finding joy in the destruction of small rodents. Especially ones that eat up your garden!
What?!?? I'M gorgeous and teeny and witty? HelLO! Look at YOU! It's so funny that you commented that on my blog, because I totally think the same thing. I'm like, HOW did I miss getting to know this girl in the little bit of time we were there at the same time? We would totally be buds!
Those nasty mice!!! We planted a garden once but I don't like to weed, so...we had a very succesful weed garden.
Post a Comment